In this pioneer episode of the TopMusicGuitar podcast, we’re excited to share the expertise of Darryl Powis, owner of Guitar Tuition East London School. Darryl has enjoyed a varied career- from being a talented performance musician to establishing his music school in London. He uses visualisation techniques as well as deep practice to achieve his guitar teaching goals.
- Darryl’s journey from bands to founding a music school
- Taking the plunge into teaching
- Investing in yourself to create an edge in the industry
- Techniques for giving a WOW factor to students
- Advice for live performances, showcases and events
- Building a sense of community within your school
- Deep practice and how to use it with students
- His passion for visualisation
- 3 steps to working on visualisation
- One piece of wisdom
Guitar Teaching Links Mentioned
Guitar Teaching Resources Mentioned
Join the the preeminent professional development, learning and networking community for instrumental music teachers.
Darryl Powis is a guitar teacher, player and performer based in London in the UK. Primarily he owns and runs Guitar Tuition East London, a guitar school where he helps students to make a lot of progress in their guitar playing – even if they never thought they had any talent. An ex-member of bands Neon Nurse and This Blank Page, Darryl is now writing solo guitar material and keeps his youtube page up to date with guitar tips and tricks to help people learn guitar.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.