In today’s exciting episode, our guest is Zac Pugh, the founder of the fast-growing music theory platform, Musago, that makes music theory relevant and delivers an easy teaching experience. Zac takes us through the journey of launching his innovative platform, from planning to marketing and attracting his first round of clients. He also shared valuable tips on attracting clients and maximizing impact on guitar students. He discussed the importance of music theory for guitar students, and the difference between music theory and musicianship skills. Zac also offers valuable insights on inspiring guitar teachers to motivate their students to practice at home. Don’t miss out on this engaging and informative conversation!
- Zac shared his inspiring journey from being a guitar teacher to becoming an entrepreneur in a brief overview.
- Some tips on how to maximize impact on your students with such a limited time.
- The crucial role of music theory in your guitar learning journey.
- The benefits and advantages of understanding music theory for guitar students.
- Understanding the difference between music theory and musicianship skills.
- Effective ways to inspire guitar teachers to motivate their students to practice at home.
- Zac tell us about his platform Musago and how it works.
- Discover the key music theory topics essential for learning in Western music history, and how to effectively narrow down the core topics for teaching.
- Zac shared about how he launched Musago, from planning to marketing, and how he attracted his first round of clients.
- Why other guitar teachers shouldn’t be viewed as rivals or competitors.
- The importance of calculating and boosting student retention for your business success.
- One last bit of wisdom from Zac to our listeners.
Guest Links Mentioned
Guitar Teaching Resources Mentioned
Zac Pugh has been teaching guitar since college. After having lessons with some truly inspiring teachers, it was clear that a guitar would be close by for the rest of his life. So far, his musical career includes 20+ years of guitar teaching, completing a music degree, composing music for video game companies, writing graded contemporary guitar books for SCSM Examinations international, doing gigs, playing with orchestras and now, building Musago, which is a fantastic new platform that delivers relevant music theory and makes teacher’s lives easier, and it’s growing fast!
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.