In today’s episode, Kimberly Swanson will join us to discuss all about how we’ve been building the Certificate of Integrated Music Teaching over the last six to nine months. We’ll be going over the big picture view of why we’ve created this certification and how it fits into a larger educational framework. And finally, we’re going to talk about how you can explore this journey with us.
- Kimberly tells us more about herself and her background.
- Tim gives us an overview of TopMusicPro’s vision.
- What sets the IMT Certification apart.
- Understanding the power of the cohort system.
- Learning more about multimodal assessment, adult learning implementing this in the IMT Certification assessment.
- What is integrated music teaching?
- The learning outcomes for teachers.
- Elements of the assessment and how it’s going to be conducted.
- The length of the process for the cohorts.
After two years of teaching music in public schools and six years of teaching private piano and theory lessons, Kimberly transitioned into the field of Instructional Design. For her day job, Kimberly creates learning experiences for adult learners in corporate America. But she just can’t keep away from the music education world. She is partnering with TopMusic to create and launch the Certificate of Integrated Music Teaching. This project allows her to fuse her passion for music, her experience as a music teacher, and her passion for educational psychology. Kimberly holds a Master’s in Music and Human Learning from the University of Texas as well as a Bachelor’s in Music Education from the University of Florida.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.