Will teaching beginner with no books really click with your piano students? In this replay episode of the Integrated Music Teaching Podcast, our guest is Georgina Jordan who’s a piano teacher in the UK who’ve had a very traditional music education and was struggling to add creativity into her lessons. She shares her story with us and explains how the No Book Beginners framework opened up a whole new world for her studio and why she thinks it works so well for teaching her beginner students.
- Why Georgina joined the TopMusicPro (formerly Inner Circle).
- How having a community helps a new teacher.
- How Georgina uses the No Book Beginners framework in her studio.
- Which students is the No Books Beginners framework a good approach for.
- How to expand on the story-based ideas in No Book Beginners.
- Why the No Book Beginners approach is so valuable in teaching beginner students.
- Piano Safari
- Practising the Piano
- Why I Teach Beginner Piano Students Without a Method Book
- How to Teach Beginner Piano Students
Georgina Jordan is a piano teacher and a photographer based in the UK who had a quite traditional music education. She was highly motivated to add creativity into her lessons. She joined TopMusicPro (formerly The Inner Circle), started teaching beginners with the No Book Beginners framework and it opened up a whole new world for her.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.