Another Big Year for Creative Piano Teachers
It has been another huge year for creative piano teachers in 2018, and especially members of my Inner Circle community.
We released some really exciting features for the Inner Circle, making it easier for creative piano teachers to find the resources that matter the most to them.
Here’s a look at some of the highlights:
- A brand new Apple and Android app for my Inner Circle community, allowing creative piano teachers to access courses and training on the go
- A new Resource Library, making it easier for teachers to search through hundreds of lesson plans, teaching videos and courses
- New courses including on how to teach lead sheets and how to use GarageBand
- Plus we held plenty of free webinars, some of which you can watch replays of now
2018 was also a big year for the blog and podcast – I recorded my 150th podcast episode, a huge milestone and one of which I am very proud of.
We also highlighted some of the best creative piano teachers across the globe on my blog, continuing to show the benefits of a contemporary musical education.
We gave away free downloads including my Christmas Carol Chord Progressions to Inspire Creativity as well as the fourth edition of my Top 10 Pop Songs for Beginner Piano Students.
So, what’s in store for creative piano teachers in 2019? Short answer, PLENTY! Read on to find out more.
Here is an example from my 4 Chord Composing course: Lesson 2 Pop Piano Playing
What You Can Expect in 2019
Blog and Podcast
My team and I will continue to provide thought-provoking content relevant to creative piano teachers on my blog and podcast in 2019.
Had along to my blog to keep up-to-date with weekly posts covering topics from teaching chords to growing your studio through online advertising and everything in between. If there’s a topic you would like covered in 2019, let us know in the comments.
On my podcast, we are busy organising another year with fantastic guests. We plan to cover topics such as improvisation, student motivation, expanding more on lead sheets, chords, sight-reading and much more.
We will continue to bring to you some of the most creative minds in the musical world through our free webinars in 2019.
Our very first webinar is coming in February, to be hosted by the wonderful Nicola Cantan.
Join the the preeminent professional development, learning and networking community for instrumental music teachers.
There are so many more options outside of traditional private lessons. In this webinar, Nicola will walk you through the different lesson formats, buddy lessons, partner lessons, 20-20-20 and groups, and help you decide which one is right for you.
Remember, if you have missed any of our free webinars from 2018, you can watch replays of some of our most popular by clicking here.
This is where 2019 gets very exciting! There are some great things coming for creative piano teachers in my Inner Circle community this year.
First up, we will be releasing our first course of the year very soon all about how to teach digital notation.
This course will go hand in hand with other courses I have including 4 Chord Composing, and will help you show your students how they can actually write out their fantastic compositions.
We are also planning to release a course on innovative lesson plans as well as plenty of other creative teaching ideas which are still in the pipeline.
Be sure to join my Inner Circle community to be the first to access my new courses, training and lesson plans as soon as they are released.
More Benefits for Members
We will also be releasing some more exciting benefits for Inner Circle members, including a brand new theme for the website.
Here is what we are planning:
- A new theme to optimise the membership experience, making it easier to access forums, the Resource Library and profiles
- A new member dashboard so you can see what new resources have been released at a glance, and easily get back to where you left off
- A new My Courses page will list all of the courses you are enrolled in and your progress
- A new My Certificates page will show all your completed courses and certifications
Plus two new geo-location enabled services:
- One allowing members to connect with members near you or anywhere in the world
- And another allowing you to add your studio address to your profile so students in your area will be able to find you through a new search feature on topmusic.co
To get an idea of the kind of creative piano teaching resources coming your way this year, I’d love for you to download one of the most popular resources we released last year.
My 27 Easy Chord Progressions to Inspire Creativity was an absolute hit with creative piano teachers and their students.
You get 27 chord progressions that you can use freely in your studio. Enter your details and print this out to use in your studio.