In today’s episode, we continue to talk about the Integrated Music Teaching method. We are going to let you hear some integrations in actual lessons that I’ve taught. I thought this would be really instructive for those of you who are still wondering how this actually looks and sounds in a lesson.
- How to teach our intermediate students in an integrated way.
- Ideas on how students learn best through connections.
- Basic ways that you can do integration across the four disciplines of technique, repertoire, creativity, and functional skills.
- Watch my lesson with Jono where I use a creative activity of improvisation in harmony to cement his knowledge of the G harmonic and melodic minor scale.
- Watch my lesson with Finn where you’ll hear a variety of integrations between repertoire and improv scales and theory.
Integrated Music Teaching in Action Videos
Janna explains IMT from an intermediate repertoire perspective
- 300: Integrated Music Teaching
- 301: The 3 Pillars of Integrated Music Teaching
- 302: 3 Steps to Teaching an Integrated Music Lesson
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.