For teachers looking for an alternative way to teach piano to students such as group teaching, this episode is for you! We are joined by three amazing guests, Marie Lee, Melanie Bowes, and Dorla Aparicio, who will be sharing their experiences on running group piano classes. Have a listen to our three guests as they discuss the various aspects of group teaching. We cover the basics you need to know about teaching in groups such as pricing, grouping students, lesson plans, repertoire and so much more.
- Our three guests introduce themselves.
- Learning how to price your group lessons.
- Placing kids in group settings.
- How to teach multi-level students in a group setting.
- The teaching approaches for students in groups who are advanced or aim for exams.
- The formats and lesson plans used for group teaching.
- How to go about your online group lessons.
- The best time to run group classes – is it during school time or school holidays?
- Ideas for running summer camps.
- Favourite resources for multi-level repertoire.
- Best advice for teachers who are looking to start group teaching.
- Dorla Aparicio Website – Miss Dorla
- Marie Lee – Group Teaching Blueprint
- Melanie Bowes – Keynotes Music
TopCast Episodes on Summer Camps and Group Teaching
- TTTV038: Running Your First Summer Camp with Jennifer Foxx
- TTTV040: Scaling your Summer Camp with Jennifer Auerbach & Joshua Hawks
- TTTV039: Fun Piano Camp Themes & Games with Tracy Selle & Sara Campbell
- TC191: Jennifer Foxx on Online Summer Camp Programs
Forte is a free alternative to Zoom, optimized for music lessons with industry-leading audio quality. Forte has been used and loved by The Royal College of Music, Berklee College of Music, and Curtis Institute. It is designed to put you and your teaching style at the center of the educational experience. And the best part? It’s free forever for teachers, and it’s incredibly easy to use. Just send your personal studio link to your student, and with one click, you are teaching. No hassles, no downloads, no gimmicks. Just music.
Start teaching with Forte today at fortelessons.com.
Thank you for tuning in!
Consider implementing the ideas from this podcast by writing several actionable steps for your teaching practice if it’s inspired you.
If you enjoyed today’s show, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts, which helps other teachers find our show.
Stay updated by subscribing to this show, and get automatic delivery to your device every time a new episode goes live! We publish on Fridays weekly.